Yesterday’s headlines were dominated by Trump refusing to take a question from a CNN reporter. The contents of the press conference were eclipsed by drama, so here are ten fast facts about what Trump plans to do immediately after his inauguration.
- There will be more big announcements about manufacturing jobs within the next two weeks.
- Reforms are necessary in the drug industry because they are not manufacturing drugs in the U.S.
- The newly appointed secretary of the Veteran’s Adminisration, David Shulkin, will place a priority on improving health care for veterans.
- There are plans to increase cyber defense to prevent the hacking of sensitive information.
- Trump’s sons, Don and Eric, will take control of the Trump Organization. President Trump will not be involved in the business.
- No new foreign deals will be made by the Trump Organization.
- The new cabinet will work toward making better trade deals for the U.S.
- The funding for the border wall will initially be obtained through Congress, then Mexico will reimburse the U.S. through taxes or a direct payment.
- A Supreme Court nominee to replace Justice Scalia will be made within the first two weeks.
- The intelligence communities will be given 90 days to submit a report on hacking defense.
A full transcript from The New York Times can be found here.